What data do we collect?
We collect information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our services; perform a search on the TrustMark directory; update the information to your Registered Business profile; participate in surveys; sign-up to our newsletter; or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this information, such as that used to identify you, is necessary to become a TrustMark Registered Business. The provision of all other information is voluntary but may be necessary to use our services.
This may include:
- The contact information of TrustMark registered businesses received from a Scheme Provider via CSV file to allow a visitor to carry out a postcode search and fulfil the services provided by TrustMark.
- Information provided by website visitors to subscribe to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used.
- If you interact with us through those channels, your social media username will help us respond to your comments, questions, and feedback.
How and why do we use your personal data?
TrustMark aims to provide the best customer experience and to do this there is certain information that we require to learn about the use of our services. If you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘Your Rights’ section of this Privacy Notice.
- To respond to queries or complaints. Handling the information you send enables us to respond. We may also record these communications to inform any future interaction and demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- To administer the website.
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- To enable your use of services on the website or TrustMark app.
- To send you our newsletter and other marketing communications that we think may be of interest to you by post or where you have specifically agreed to this by email or similar technology.
Without your express consent, we will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
CCTV at TrustMark Head Office
To protect our premises, assets, staff and visitors from crime, the service company that owns the building at TrustMark headquarters operates CCTV systems to record images for security.
If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, we will process this data to prevent or detect unlawful acts.