A new enhanced feedback system to help homeowners make a more informed choice when looking to employ a reputable tradesperson has been developed by TrustMark, the only Government-endorsed scheme for almost all trades in and around the home. The system will not only provide unique information about the experience of the firm and past reviews, but it will also enable TrustMark-registered firms to secure more business by building up a portfolio of positive feedback from their customers.
The new feedback system, which builds on the existing thorough validation process, has been further strengthened by collaborating with Referenceline.com, the independent review service approved by Trading Standards. By working together, TrustMark can now offer impartial independent customer reviews to help put other consumers in touch with quality and reliable firms in an open and transparent way.
The ratings displayed on the TrustMark website (www.trustmark.org.uk), show that firms can be relied on to deliver quality, service, tidiness and value for money. As well as leaving a review, customers are encouraged to give a detailed description of the work carried out to help future customers make a more informed choice about which firm has the right experience to meet their needs.
Simon Ayers, Chief Executive of TrustMark, said: “Customer feedback is vital in a sector plagued with rogue traders, so it is imperative that we can provide unbiased independent reviews for consumers and give them the confidence and empowerment when looking to employ a firm to carry out any home improvement or repairs. Our collaboration with Referenceline brings an added layer of transparency and fairness to our feedback facility and benefits both consumers to find the right tradesperson to suit their needs and budget, whilst supporting firms to grow their business and showcase the great work they are capable of.”
Mark Dealtry, Managing Director of Referenceline said: “We are delighted to have been chosen by TrustMark to provide independent customer reviews, helping to show how member firms meet Government endorsed standards. We are especially passionate about protecting the potentially vulnerable. The reviews to date show that 30% of consumers admit to feeling relatively inexperienced and 40% have never used the firm before, so TrustMark offers an essential service to increase consumer confidence when choosing a reputable tradesperson.”
Daryll Moran, founder of Moran Roofing Ltd and a TrustMark-registered firm, added: “We’ve been with both TrustMark and Referenceline since they started, so it’s great to see both companies now working together. It adds a lot of value to my business when customers can see so many great reviews, particularly as we work hard to ensure we present ourselves professionally, with all the right insurances and training in place to deliver a quality job. I believe this review system is a great way to get your quality of workmanship out there and win new business’.”
For further information and to stay up-to-date with developments at TrustMark, visit www.trustmark.org.uk.
Issued on behalf of TrustMark - For further information or photos, please contact:
Georgina Watkins, Tel: 07595 158460, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- TrustMark is not an advertising directory or a website that sells leads. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). As a not-for-profit organisation it does not make money from consumers.
- TrustMark’s website has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility, which provides details of more than 21,000 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradespeople in the country.
- All TrustMark firms’ technical skills have been independently checked through on-site inspections to ensure a high quality of workmanship and trading practices. TrustMark is the only scheme that requires qualified inspectors to do these visits, so that technical competence is checked as well as business practices and customer satisfaction.
- TrustMark firms make a commitment to work to Government endorsed standards and are able to offer insurance backed warranties and deposit protection, as well as operating a user-friendly complaints procedure.
- Consumers want to know that they can trust a firm to be competent and honest. Reviews have an important role to play in establishing that trust and consumers need to know – just like word of mouth – that the organisation publishing those reviews is unbiased.
- Referenceline was founded 20 years ago, is approved by Trading Standards and is an affiliate member of the Trading Standards Institute and is a trusted, unbiased, source of reviews.
- Referenceline works with professional organisations to create a feedback service tailored their individual code of practice, helping to monitor and promote the competence of their members.
- Reputations are not built overnight and Referenceline helps businesses to develop a consistent track record and stand out from the crowd. Moran Roofing is a great example of a firm which has been trusted by consumers for over 17 years.