Together with its partner, CFOA Blue Watch, the Chief Fire Officers home safety scheme, TrustMark will be offering advice and guidance on how to deliver greater home safety and reduce incidents from occurring to householders and landlords at the Emergency Services Show, NEC (21-22nd September).
The two organistions, which will be exhibiting in the Home Safety zone at R18 in Hall 5, will be promoting the assessment and registration of safety features found in both private and rented homes, and provide consumers with the tools to keep their homes safe and compliant through various home safety evaluations.
Available to purchase online, the ‘Home Safety Assessments’ cover fire risk and general home safety for domestic and commercial properties and will enable users to carry out home safety checks themselves, with built-in guidance notes and the option to have these checks audited by a safety professional.
Simon Ayers, CEO of TrustMark said “Having worked in the emergency services industry before starting my role here at TrustMark, I know what a crucial impact home safety has on everyday households. As sad as it is, we just don’t go far enough to protect ourselves from incidents occurring in our homes. Putting the power in the consumers hands to carry out these checks with the right level of guidance and support is a fantastic opportunity to protect our families and or tenants”.
Brian Gregory, CEO of CFOA BlueWatch said: “As the UK’s leading home safety scheme, we feel It is important to spread the message about how to stay compliant and ensure every step is taken to prevent incidents from occurring, whether it be a domestic or commercial property. With over 15,000 people affected by fires and CO poisoning each year, this is a real issue that could happen to anyone. We want to give everyone the confidence to know how to check the safety of their property and feel reassured that they are doing a good job of it”.
Come and visit TrustMark and CFOA Blue Watch in the Home Safety Zone, R18, Hall 5 at the Emergency Services Show, NEC, 21-22nd September.
To stay up-to-date with developments at TrustMark or to purchase a Home Safety Assessment, visit www.trustmark.org.uk/ourservices/cfoa-blue-watch
For further information about CFOA BlueWatch visit www.bluewatch.co.uk
Issued on behalf of TrustMark - For further information, please contact:
Georgina Watkins, Tel: 07595 158460, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- TrustMark is not an advertising directory or a website that sells leads. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). As a not-for-profit organisation it does not make money from consumers.
- TrustMark’s website has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility, which provides details of more than 21,000 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradespeople in the country.
- All TrustMark firms’ technical skills have been independently checked through on-site inspections to ensure a high quality of workmanship and trading practices. TrustMark is the only scheme that requires qualified inspectors to do these visits, so that technical competence is checked as well as business practices and customer satisfaction.
- TrustMark firms make a commitment to work to Government endorsed standards and are able to offer insurance backed warranties and deposit protection, as well as operating a user-friendly complaints procedure.
About CFOA Blue Watch
- Supported by UK Fire and Rescue services, Blue Watch provides help and support to households, including landlords, letting agents, tenants and homeowners, to make their properties safer from hazards posed by electricity and gas, fire and carbon monoxide poisoning, for example.
- The Blue Watch logo is the sign of a safer home - it says a trusted fire safety professional has validated a property or safety product.