TrustMark, the Government endorsed quality mark for tradesmen, is celebrating after TrustMark registered Mark Rigby won the highest accolade for his industry – the Dulux Trade Ultimate Professional Decorator 2014. The award recognises and promotes the very best in decorating and highlights the hard work of decorators across the UK who work with pride, passion and professionalism.
Mark of MRQD Contracting, a TrustMark registered firm since 2009, received this tribute following the paint manufacturer’s nationwide search to find the Ultimate Professional. He was selected due to his commitment to the role and his level of enthusiasm for regular training. In addition, Mark’s customers praised him for always going the extra mile, including working additional hours and helping with household repairs.
Mark said: “This award is a massive achievement for me. As a self-employed decorator, how your professionalism comes across is crucial to securing new job opportunities. I’m so thankful to all my customers who nominated me. I am proud of my trade and having our name registered with TrustMark is important to my company. Not only does it offer reassurance and peace of mind to people going through the process of choosing painters and decorators, it also lists reputable and quality trades which meet the highest standards with the industry.”
Commenting on the winner, Simon Ayers, Chief Executive of TrustMark, said: “This award demonstrates a superb showcase of design, skills and professionalism and is a celebration of the quality and commitment that has been achieved - an excellent example of a TrustMark registered firm. We are thrilled for Mark and he should be delighted to be recognised as being among the very best in his industry.”
Dulux Select Decorators is a TrustMark scheme operator and has been a member of the scheme since 2006. Mark Rigby is a member of Dulux Select Decorators.
For further information about TrustMark or to find local quality TrustMark tradesmen visit www.trustmark.org.uk
Issued on behalf of TrustMark - For further information, please contact: Georgina Watkins, Tel: 07595 158460, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
- TrustMark is the Government endorsed quality scheme that signposts people to reputable local tradespeople. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
- TrustMark is not an advertising directory or a website that sells leads. As a not-for-profit organisation it does not make money from consumers.
- TrustMark’s website has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility, which provides details of more than 22,500 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradesmen in the country.
- All TrustMark firms’ technical skills have been independently checked through on-site inspections to ensure a high quality of workmanship and trading practices. TrustMark is the only scheme covering all domestic trades that requires qualified inspectors to do these visits, so that technical competence is checked as well as business practices and customer satisfaction.
- TrustMark firms make a commitment to work to Government endorsed standards and are able to offer insurance backed warranties and deposit protection, as well as operating a user-friendly complaints procedure.